Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall Retreat - The Zen of Lutheran Theology

The topic for this retreat will be “The Zen of Lutheran Theology”.

Pr. Doug Ryniewicz, Christ the King Windsor, CT and professor at Central CT State University will be our speaker. 

Pr. Doug describes “The Zen of Lutheran Theology” in this way. The essential hallmarks of Luther's Theology were conceived by Luther as paradox or as they say in the East: yin and yang, both and... for example: Law/Gospel, Sinner/Saint, Kingdom of the Left/Kingdom of the Right, Word of God/word of man.. A learning and memory device as well as a powerful way to explore "What is it really that Lutherans Believe" from a solid, yet creative theological point of view.

Videos of Pr. Doug's presentations are now available on the school website under "The Zen of Lutheran Theology"

2 comments:

  1. I attended this retreat not knowing what to expect and was so impressed. I am a first year SLM student and if the rest of the school is as great as the first day ( I am assured that it is) then I will recommend this school to everyone that I know.

    John O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attended this Retreat not knowing what to expect and was very impressed wih both the content and people that were there. I am a first year SLM studend and after this weekend's retreat I am looking forward to the rest of the year.

    John O.

    ReplyDelete